Thanks to the support of the local community, Rotherham Hospice has been providing exceptional care for the people of Rotherham since 1994. Their vision is excellence in care for all those throughout Rotherham who are affected by a terminal illness. The Hospice’s dedicated team of staff and volunteers work together to provide palliative care that incorporates psychological, physical, social and spiritual support to help patients, and their families, achieve the very best quality of life – both at home and in the Hospice.
Your lottery membership will help to fund the Hospice’s essential services as outlined below:
- INPATIENT UNIT – The purpose-built 14-bedded Inpatient Unit offers expert care and attention 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. For some patients, their visit is for a brief period while the Hospice’s team monitors pain and controls symptoms before they return home again. For others, where it is no longer possible for them to be cared for in their own homes as they reach the end of their lives, and for those who want to return to the Hospice in their final days, the inpatient unit allows them to receive the high-quality care they need in a safe and comfortable environment.
- DAY HOSPICE – Gives extra support to manage symptoms, gain more confidence at home and help maximise a patient’s quality of life. Many people value the support of meeting others in a similar situation, whilst their families/carers can also benefit from having a break in the knowing their loved ones are are safe.
- HOSPICE COMMUNITY TEAM– A multi-disciplinary team who work together to care for a patients whole well-being. Dedicated professionals include: Palliative care consultants & doctors, Nurses & health care support workers, Volunteer hairdressers, Chaplains, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Social Workers, Clinical Psychologists, Counsellors, Dietitians, Chiropodists and Speech & language therapists.
- THERAPY SERVICES – Therapy is an essential part of the care given at Rotherham Hospice and can improve patients’ lives enormously, both physically and mentally.
- ADVICE LINE & SUPPORT SERVICES – Looking after the psycho-social well-being of patients and their family members is an important part of Rotherham Hospice’s care. The Hospice’s team are ever mindful of the emotional turmoil that families undergo during and after the illness and death of a loved one, and of how important it is to talk through worries and be supported through sensitive and very difficult time.
- BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT – A team of trained Bereavement Support Volunteers provide one-to-one sessions (at the Hospice or via telephone), helping family members or significant others to cope through inevitably difficult times.
How playing the Local Hospice Lottery helps Rotherham Hospice
Profits from the Local Hospice Lottery help towards the running costs of Rotherham Hospice and provides a regular stream of income the Hospice can rely on receiving, each and every month. Not only does this help to provide essential care and support to local families right now – it also allows the Hospice’s team to plan and develop their services for the future and meet the growing needs of the community they serve.
In 2021, £10.6 million was raised from ticket sales, with 3% spent on prizes, 12% spent on administration and management and 18% reinvested to recruit new lottery members. The remaining 67% was given to hospice care – an amazing total of £7.14 million. Local Hospice Lottery will give between 60% and 80% of profits from individuals playing in support of Rotherham House Hospice to Rotherham Hospice. This is expected to be at least £1,000,000 over five years from April 2022.
For more information about the services provided by Rotherham Hospice and the other ways you can help:
Call: 01709 308 900
Rotherham Hospice is a Registered Charity No. 700356