Job Ref: 20218JT
Hours per week: 22.5 hours per week
Type of Contract: Permanent
Salary: £26,000 – £28,400 per annum – depending on experience
Location: Felsted, Essex (own transport is essential)
Closing Date: Wednesday 1st September 2021
Interview Date: Monday 6th September 2021
We have an exciting opportunity available for you to join our growing team as a HR Advisor. You will be based in Felsted working on a part-time permanent basis, and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of £26,000 – £28,400 per annum depending on experience, plus excellent benefits.
Local Hospice Lottery is the country’s leading lottery for hospices and has raised over £30 million for the cause to date. We were proud to be named The Lotteries Council’s ‘Lottery Operator of the Year 2018’ and, be shortlisted within the ‘Most Committed Company to the Sector’ category of this year’s Institute of Fundraising Awards. This is an incredible opportunity to be part of an innovative team within a market-leading, growing and successful organisation!
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our HR Advisor:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata part-time)
- Health cash plan
- Competitive pension
- Flexible working opportunities
About the role:
As part of our HR team, you will be responsible for providing services across Human Resources, Training and Development and Payroll.
This is a generalist role to provide a comprehensive and timely HR service across the organisation, supporting and advising Managers, Employed Staff, Self-Employed Contractors and Volunteers on all aspects of HR.
You must have a proven record of accomplishment in managing sickness absence, grievance, disciplinary and recruitment, and must be confident to support and coach managers in employment legislation and best practice, whilst building effective working relationships.
Experience of payroll processing and use of HR/Payroll systems is essential, as is being able to research and deliver training on HR Matters for both Managers and Staff.
This role is based in Felsted, Essex and due to the remote location of the office, having your own transport is essential, as is a flexible approach to the working hours required.
What we are looking for in our ideal HR Advisor:
- CIPD Qualified (or equivalent experience)
- Recent demonstratable experience in a similar role
- Experience of dealing with HR casework including investigations, disciplinary hearings and performance/absence management
- Highly developed communications skills, including the ability to address complex and sensitive issues in an appropriate manner both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with managers and coach them to develop people management skills
- Experience of supporting and delivering against all aspects of the recruitment process, as well as advising managers on recruitment and selection strategies
- Experience of providing advice on policies, procedures, legislation and best practice
- Effective organisational skills including the ability to prioritise a heavy workload with conflicting priorities
- Experience of developing and delivering training on HR related topics
- Good working knowledge of employment law and best practice in relation to Human Resources issues
- Understanding and appropriate application of confidentiality and GDPR legislation
- Demonstrable commitment to own continuous professional development
- Highly computer literate with the ability to use Windows packages effectively and experience of using an electronic Human Resource information system
- Knowledge and understanding of the key legislative differences between employed and self-employed contracts and the dynamics of managing in that context would be advantageous
To view the full job description and person specification CLICK HERE
If you would like to apply for this role, then please submit your CV, with a covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification and job criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Wednesday 1st September 2021 to be considered as our HR Advisor – we would love to hear from you.
Closing date: Wednesday 1st September 2021
Interview Date: Monday 6th September 2021
Local Hospice Lottery Ltd (Company Registration No. 3226004) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Farleigh Hospice (Registered Charity No. 284670).
Local Hospice Lottery Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Local Hospice Lottery Ltd operates a three-month probation period