Is lottery income missing from your current fundraising portfolio?
Yes? Then Local Hospice Lottery could provide an additional, long term and sustainable income to help your hospice plan for the future and deliver more care!
– No financial risk or upfront costs
– Established sales and marketing functions to nurture and grow your lottery members
– Gambling Commission licensed
– Budgeted income (received monthly) that you can depend on receiving
– Receive an increasing percentage of proceeds as your number of players grows
– Enhanced profile in your area through planned and ongoing lottery promotion activity
– A brand new profile of supporters for your hospice, providing cross promotion opportunities
– Dedicated account management and weekly reports to keep you continuously up-to-date
Or …………..Do you want to raise more income from your existing lottery?
The benefits of transferring your existing lottery to Local Hospice Lottery include:
– One shared prize fund and operations function, which substantially reduces cost AND hassle
– A fixed contribution paid for your transferred players
– Our own sales team to add new players for your hospice on an on-going basis
– Proven marketing expertise to enhance the membership base for your hospice through other, established and proven methods
– Budgeted monthly income
– Dedicated account management, keeping you up-to-date with weekly reports
How it all Began
Local Hospice Lottery started life in 1996 as the ‘Farleigh Hospice Lottery’ – a way of generating a regular and dependable income to help fund the care of people affected by cancer and other life limiting illnesses across the mid Essex area.
After 11 years of running the weekly draw solely for Farleigh Hospice, the decision was made to develop the Lottery for the benefit of hospice care in other areas across the UK. Through sharing one overarching prize fund, one lottery system and an experienced and knowledgeable team – lots of expenditure could be saved and partner hospices could potentially enjoy a low risk, low input way of increasing their income.
So in 2008, the lottery became ‘Local Hospice Lottery’ and welcomed East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) as its very first partner hospice that April. It wasn’t long before our second partner, St Luke’s Hospice in Basildon, Essex, then joined us in June 2009.
Over the years Local Hospice Lottery has gone from strength to strength with a further 15 partners joining, including Highland Hospice in Inverness, Strathcarron Hospice in Falkirk, St Wilfrid’s Hospice in Eastbourne, Sobell House in Oxford and most recently, St Clare’s Hospice in Jarrow. And with conversations taking place on an ongoing basis – the future is exciting for both Local Hospice Lottery and its partner hospices. Don’t miss your chance to be part of it!!
In the last three to four years Local Hospice Lottery has established itself as the largest and fastest growing hospice lottery in the country. Our membership has increased almost four times faster than any other hospice lottery and this has been achieved through our expertise in warm and cold acquisition, and crucially in recruiting and managing teams of canvassers who are at the heart of sustainable growth in membership. To date we have raised over £15million for hospice care across the country, with £4.2 million projected for 2017/2018!
In 2017, Local Hospice Lottery has been shortlisted for an Institute of Fundraising award (in the ‘Most Committed Company to the Sector’ category), a Third Sector ‘Enterprise’ award and a Scottish Fundraising award. With 18 hospices already part of Local Hospice Lottery and more set to join us soon – we continue to reconfirm our position of being the UK’s largest and fastest growing lottery for hospices. Should you be joining us??
Please feel free to contact me if you’d like to discuss Local Hospice Lottery’s potential for YOUR hospice.
Chief Executive Officer, Local Hospice Lottery
DD: 01245 228944